Ever heard about cannoli pancakes? cannoli pancakes are just usual pancakes with a special filling and other than the special filling they have a lightly extra sweet
For making these special pancakes you would require some ingredients so the list of ingredients that you would require is just mentioned below
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SPECIAL FILLING
- Heavy cream (half a cup)
- Ricotta (At least one pound)
- Sugar ( half a cup and in powdered form)
- Extract of almonds (About two small spoons)
- chocolate chips (One full cup)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BATTER
- One cup filling, though you will be making more than just one cup do not worry you can eat the filling like that too all you will need is a spoon
- The yolk of two medium-sized eggs
- Sour cream (Two big spoons)
- Flour (One-third of a cup)
- Baking powder (half a big spoon)
- Salt (just a pinch)
- Baking soda (just a pinch)
- Whole milk (half a cup)
- Egg whites, of two medium-sized eggs
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING THE FILLING
Take a bowl and add cream to it after adding the cream whip it and then wear gloves and add ricotta and then fold it, fold until the texture turns creamy enough after ricotta add extract of almond, powdered sugar, and chocolate, once done with adding use your hands to fold of these.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING THE PANCAKES
- Take a large-sized bowl and in that bowl add yolks of two medium-sized eggs, the sour cream and the filling you just made, once done with adding all the ingredients to the bowl, start whisking.
- Take another large-sized bowl and in that bowl add flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of baking soda and baking powder, once done with adding all the ingredients whisk all of the ingredients together
- Now mix the wet and dry ingredients together, transfer both the mixtures in one bowl and then whisk, simple
- After whisking pour milk (half a cup), after pouring milk, whisk.
- Take a metal bowl and add eggs whites of two eggs to the bowl and then use a hand blender and blend them.
- Time to fold the blended whites of two eggs into the pancake batter, make sure that you’re not overmixing everything
- Take a griddle and place it on your stove, heat it and then add batter (do not add too much of batter just a very small amount is more than enough), cook both the side for at least 3 minutes ( three minutes each side), make sure that you do not burn your pancakes as these pancakes do not form bubbles but like the usual pancakes these do get dry at their edges.
- This is the last step, now you are required to add a bit of filling on the top of your ready pancakes and a little bit of sugar ( the filling dolloping part is not compulsory but I liked the pancakes better with the extra filling on the top.
This is all with the recipe, do not forget to leave us some comments below in the comment section